My Love

I met the love of my life in the summer of 1985. 
I had just graduated from high school, where we both attended. 
One afternoon, our beach day with many mutual friends had ended
and we snuck into a private gated pool to swim. 
We ended up the last two people there and I remember him swimming up to me and kissing me! 
We became great friends and more, over the next few months. 
When my parents decided to move to the LA area,
we travelled back and forth every weekend to be together.  It was torture! 
It was about eight months later that we decided to shack up. 
I moved back down to my beloved coastal town and started the working-student life.
Patrick and I didn't get married until nine years of living together,
stubborn man,  but we have been together since.

So, this weekend we are celebrating 17 years of marriage and 26 years of love and friendship. 

Our key to a happy and healthy marriage? 
Know and accept that there will be challenges,
but get through them and believe in LOVE. 
Let each other be who they are and give them the room they need to fulfill their own dreams. 
Always kiss.
Kiss in the morning when you wake up, before you leave each other, when you reunite,
when you go to bed, and always while swimming in a pool.

Comments

  1. that is making me cry....i love you both so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! It's so nice to hear the story behind one of the loveliest couples I know. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your love story! It is special and I am so glad to know you both. Very sweet...Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see this when you first posted it but I love, love, love it. I am so happy that I have been witness to your roller coaster ride of LOVE. And I most appreciate the kissing. Because you do always kiss at those times!

    I love you both. xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts