San Francisco Speaks to Me


This is my best friend Jane, we've known each other almost 25 years.

When I visit her flat in the Mission District of San Francisco I feel.... different.  Free and artful, and I see things in a new way.  There is so much to look at, to hear, to smell, to just take in.

Here is the view from her bedroom looking into the red kitchen. See how she displays all her flower accessorries on that ribbon?

A recent painting bought in a junk store was my favorite new addition to her living room.


When she decided to have a jewelry party I was so excited to display it all in her cool house.  She happened to have this branch just hanging out, so we used it for the ribbons.


But the best part was just getting to hang out in the city with my best friend. We walked or biked everywhere, which is the best way to experience San Francisco.



This is a new sculpture at the civic center called Three Heads, Six Arms and was created by Chinese artist Zhang Huan to reflect a traditional Buddhist sculpture.

Gotta love SF, but it's always good to come home, too.

Comments

Popular Posts